Dr. George Geckeler was born in 1894 near Philadelphia, PA. He graduated from Hahnemann Medical College in 1919, and in 1948 was one of the founders of Hahnemann’s Institute for Cardiovascular Reseach. In 1949, he recorded the sounds of heartbeats, arrhythmia, and murmurs on records and audio tape. He restored ‘Harriet’ in 1960, for which Life magazine recognized him. Dr. Geckeler was a well-liked professor and the 1960 Medic included a dedication to him. Upon retirement in 1959, he left his circulatory system casts to the Institute. The casts are visual representations of the circulatory system of the heart, kidneys, and lungs, and were highly valued as teaching tools.